Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Stitch Fix #1

Imagine with me for a moment, that one day you open your front door and there on your front porch is a box. A beautiful box that contains not one, not two, but FIVE pieces of quality, designer clothes. They are all your size, and chances are you will fall in love with most of them. And you didn't have to step one foot into a store with pushy sales people and too many options to process. Ladies, welcome to StitchFix.

I first heard about StitchFix from a friend on Facebook. She had posted about loving her most recent "fix" and I decided to check it out. After talking to my hubby about it, I decided to give it a try. So here's how it works: 

First, you fill out a style profile. It has info for your very own personal stylist about your sizing, age, general style, modesty preferences, and ballpark budget. There's even a nifty section to write down extra notes so you can tell them stuff like, "don't even send me a mini skirt" or "I love the colors yellow and gray together." I was sure to specify that I was nursing and a stay at home mom who likes fun colors and comfy clothes that I can still look put together in. 

Also, you can add a link to a Pinterest board on your style profile. I recommend making an entire new board and pin things on there for your stylist to get a good idea of your overall style. Make notes on each pin telling what you do and don't like about it. 

Next, you schedule a fix! You can schedule a fix anytime you want for as often as you want. I signed up for a fix every 3 months. It seemed like a good idea to get a fix per season. It will be a way to jazz up the clothes I already have without going out and buying an entirely new wardrobe. There's even a spot in the fix scheduling process to make more notes for your stylist about that specific fix. I mentioned that it would be nice to have a new dress for church since all the dresses I own are not nursing friendly.

And then....you wait (cue the theme song from Jeopardy).

This is the hardest part. Waiting for your fix to show up at your door. I love surprises and even though I knew I was getting clothes, I didn't know what exactly, and it felt like I was waiting for Christmas day. However the day FINALLY arrived and I was NOT disappointed! Without further ado, here is what I got in my first StitchFix.

1) The Jessie Maxi Dress ($74).


How cool that the name of the dress is my name?? I love, love, love everything about this dress. The fit is perfect. It is comfortable, flattering, modest, high quality fabric, and not to mention...ADORABLE!! One of my favorite parts of this dress is that I don't have to worry about it gapping anywhere. Oh AND!! I can nurse in it! WIN! (sorry for all the words in all caps, but I just can't help myself) This dress was definitely a keeper. 

2) Kate Distressed Boyfriend Jeans ($78)


I have never spent $78 on jeans before. I usually wait for sales at Old Navy. Little did I know what I was missing out on. The saying "you get what you pay for" makes so much sense to me now. The second I put on this pair of jeans, I was in love. They are so comfortable! I was also surprised at how well they fit, considering the trouble I normally have finding jeans that fit in the waist, but are still long enough. These were ever so slightly too big in the waist, but nothing a good wash/dry and a belt couldn't fix. Needless to say, I kept these as well. 

3) Queensland Dolman Jersey Top ($48)

When I first pulled this top out of the box I immediately loved the color. But, my excitement dwindled a little bit when I saw the style. I don't normally gravitate toward the baggy, flouncy look. StitchFix encourages you to try everything on even if you don't think you'll like it. So I tried it on and loved it! It's not overly flouncy and I like how it gets tighter around the hips so it doesn't look frumpy.  Keeper #3!

4) Corinna Striped Dolman Top ($48)

This top is so soft. I love that it can be dressed up or dressed down and is so comfy! It's kind of a thin sweater material so not exactly ideal for summer time in Tennessee, but it works with shorts for the less sweltering days and will be awesome when colder weather rolls in. Keeping!

5) Cannes Scoop Neck Blouse ($48)

I immediately did not like this top as soon as it came out of the box. However, I tried it on anyway. I still didn't like it. And not just because it was way too big. I'm not a big fan of floral, and off white shirts tend to not look so great on my pale skin. I did not like this top at all. However, if you keep the entire box, StitchFix gives you 25% off of your order. And since I'd already earned $50 in referral credit, I decided to keep this top and see if I could sell it. It was actually cheaper to keep it than send it back.

The next step after trying everything on is going to your StitchFix account to pay for what you are keeping, send back what you're not in the postage paid bag they send to you, and leave detailed feedback on your box for your stylist. They take your feedback into account so as to make each fix better suited to your style.

Overall, this was a super satisfying first Stitch Fix experience and I am SO excited for my next fix in October! If you want to have a fun box of cute, stylish, high quality clothes show up on your front porch, you should check it out (and please use my referral link, because I will get $25 credit if you schedule a fix. #shamelessplug)

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go scroll through countless fashion pins on Pinterest for my StitchFix board.

-JRae






2 comments:

  1. Those first four are fabulous! You look great! And that last one is so way out of left field and awful! So weird--like, what happened?!

    You are such an adorable model <3 Looking good, mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, Amy!
      I know right!? I like that they gave me stuff I probably wouldn't have picked out for myself. It broadened my horizons a bit. But that last one was broadening a bit too much.

      Delete