Thursday, November 3, 2011

Confessions of an UN-perfect Christian

My name is Jessie Rae and I am a selfish human being. As of late I've been stuck in my own little bubble and in His grace, God has used the people closest to me to burst my bubble and open my eyes to the fact that there is more to this world than my own little world. Christ has not been the center of my little world and because of that things have been threatening to unravel, relationships in particular. My selfishness has hurt people and caused deep wounds that the love of Christ and time can only heal. I've been willingly blind to this particular heart issue for a while now and last night in a conversation with a very dear friend, God opened my eyes and I was broken. But God didn't leave it at that. He also used this friend to preach Christ to me. So, this morning I woke up and went to Christ, thankful for his selflessness that He lived out so perfectly, thankful that He continues to put up with me, and overwhelmed by His faithfulness I was eager to read His word and spend time with Him in prayer, rather than read and pray out of a sense of duty or out of the guilt.
I'm not blogging about this to show you how together I have it. I'm blogging it to stay open, to share my struggles because I know I'm not the only one who struggles...even though sometimes it does feel that way. And I want this blog to point to Christ. Isn't it ironic that I'm writing about *selfishness* on a blog about *me*?
Anyway, to my Brothers and Sisters in Christ, go to Christ today with your struggles and look to Him alone.

Growing in Grace,
JRae

PS. I enjoyed this blog post from my friend Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment