Thursday, August 8, 2013

Great Is Thy Faithfulness

Yesterday was a crappy day. It was one of those days where I didn't even try to be thankful. I didn't try to preach the Gospel to myself. I didn't try to find joy in the midst of hard things. My "give a flip" was busted. I wallowed in self-pity and turned to ice cream, Pinterest, and sleep for comfort, instead of looking to Christ. But, thankfully, God created days to end and new ones to begin. He has given me a new batch of grace for today.
My Little Man woke me up at 6 this morning. While I was feeding and rocking him, I began to pray and ask God for a heart full of thankfulness. Once again, I was overwhelmed at His blessings to this sinner who is so very undeserving. I wanted to share them with you in hopes that it points you to our loving Savior.

Thanking God today for:
-the morning after a bad day
-this verse: "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.' The Lord is my portion', says my soul, therefore I will hope in Him." -Lamentations 3:22-24
- my husband, my partner, the love of my life, my 10,000 reasons to smile
- the way he loves me with a selfless love that never ceases to astound and convict me
- the way he bends over backwards to cheer me up when I've had a bad day
- a happy, healthy, smiley, bouncy baby boy :)
- watching that baby boy learn new things like rolling over and trying to eat his toes
- music that encourages me to look to Christ
- electricity that allows me to plug in my coffee pot and make the blessed beverage
- hearing my moms voice on the phone yesterday
- God's financial provision
- the bouncy seat I bought for super cheap at a yard sale that has proved to be the best invention ever
- poopy diapers (yes, you read right, poopy diapers = happy baby)
- hearing William talking and playing in his crib as I write this
- amazon.com: I mean really. What did we ever do without it?
- that time of evening when William is asleep for the night and it's just Ben and I hanging out together
- so much closet space
- things to look forward to, like coffee with a friend, a weekend in Nashville, my brother coming to visit in a couple weeks
- all the women I know who are expecting babies
- William laughing in his sleep
- the sense of accomplishment from working hard to save money on the grocery bill and actually succeeding
- fresh cantaloupe
- baby pictures of Ben that look like William
- inside jokes with Sister
- another day

-JRae

No comments:

Post a Comment