Friday, October 14, 2011

Sittin' at Tae Kwon Do


Blog post written October 13, 2011:
I was right. The Mac N’ Cheese was epic. Mom added a bread crumb topping to it that added a nice crunchy texture to it  and just made it all the more epic. I like the word epic…can you tell?
I love being at home. I just recently quit my job at a local restaurant  and I’m so glad I did. If I didn’t want a cell phone or a car or shampoo, I would just stay unemployed and eat my parents food in exchange for cleaning the house. :P But I like my phone and my car so instead of another job where there’s drama and a schedule I don’t want, I’m going to nanny J This makes me happy. I heart kids. They’re so fun and imaginative and easily entertained and ….fun! The nanny gig is very part time so I still have a lot of time to cook, and bake, and clean house, and do fun stuff like plan church picnic games and go out to coffee with friends. I also love being at home in the evenings with my family, See, my family is kinda the best ever and I love spending time with them.
Today, was grand and productive and I feel the need to make a list of all the things I found myself being thankful for today. So today I am thankful for:
-Coffee with an old friend (as in we’ve been friends a long time…not as in her age)
-My organized mother
-Bowing our heads at the dinner table and hearing Dad pray over our food,
-A not so little anymore brother who isn’t your typical 14 year old that won’t hug his big sister
-Super yummy home cooked meals
-The opportunity to watch Ross at Tae Kwon Do…he’s really hard core
-Fun carved pumpkins lit up on our front porch.
-Mini laptops that I can take to Tae Kwon Do and blog while I watch my brother kick butt :P
-Clean bathrooms
-Seeing my phone light up with “1 New Message from Ben “J
-In Christ, I have everything.

Oy, my brother is taking swings at some green belt. I’m resisting the urge to shout, “Get ‘em Ross!!!”
I gotta go so I can watch this….catch ya later, Blog World.
-JRae

No comments:

Post a Comment